Subscribe Us

May It Please the Court: Episodes 11-12 (Drama Hangout)

I just finished watching this a few minutes ago and I’m at loss. Even though it was hovering in the horizon May It Please the Court delivered its own version of The Light in Your Eyes’ reversal and it owned it well.
Journeying with Chak-hee as she pieced piece after piece of her puzzle, despite knowing where it’ll all end up, it held my attention, fear and worry. Each reveal delivering its own gut punch. I got shivers, never knowing what comes in next.

Even after knowing Haraboji Jang was plain evil, I wasn’t prepared for the extent his evil shroud spread.
Same as Jang Gi-do. I can’t believe it is Jung Jin-young delivering these lines. What with my fav veterans in villain-without-abandon capacities of late. The word ‘vermin’ really gave me creeps. In the end, Gi-do’s sentencing leaves me in unsatisfactory mood. The law is flawed. Sometimes it protects those it shouldn’t, and overpunishes those it shouldn’t. If only, if only we all know the law, would we all get the kind of liniency Gi-do got? Or is it more than a knowledge of the law? Is it a result of privileged pedigree? Time and time again I feel like the punishment doesn’t match the crime in Kdramas. I won’t be fazed if this happens in real life cause it does, everyday.

I want to see Jung Ryeo-won and Lee Kyu-hyung in a drama soon, individually or as a pair. But not in a murder/killer themed story. Just something light.

I came in for the comedy that was promised. MPITC delivered something else. And this time, it’s a reminder to the police brutality that occured in the 80’s.
I also like the school of thought it poses about apology letters. I didn’t know they had such huge impacts in sentencing.
The call to the people not to fall for apologies made on video press conferences had me in a haze for a while. I didn’t expect generousity and gullibility to be implied in the same context.
I hear you May It Please the Court. I hear you.

For giving an ending of hope, and another Yogurt taking scene between Momma and Son at the end was one of the nicest ways to wrap up this comedy turned heavy drama.



May It Please the Court: Episodes 11-12 (Drama Hangout)
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments