Subscribe Us

[Beanie Recs] Legitimate business by day, something else by night

Big fan of the concept, but don’t seem to have many reccs for it. To be honest, overall, my recommendation list is not big anyway, as I’m pretty picky about what I genuinely can and want to recommend to people, especially if it’s not a direct one on one recommendation.

Semantically, I don’t think I have anything that fits the exact criteria- if it needs both legitimate business cover and clandestine operations behind the front (and it’s a good recommendation).

For just the clandestine, and a cover of sorts at least for half the show then obviously Healer, hands down.

Mystic Pop Up Bar and Sell Your Haunted House are both normal business fronts as covers for supernatural businesses, but neither are clandestine in the illicit connotation.

Then we get into stuff that pushes the criteria even farther, but I would still recommend–
Extracurricular – High School Kid runs a security company for illegal prosititutes. If being a high schooler counts as a legitimate business front that is haha.
My Fellow Citizens – Con Man runs for National Assembly.
Tale of the Nine Tailed as a couple of Gumiho’s running business fronts (one is a vet) from what I remember, but they also just hang out normally sometimes too lmao…

38 Task Force as a team of cops and conartists who work together (not necessarily legally) to catch tax evaders sort of counts?
Plenty of minor undercover roles in any thriller or cop show, come to mind, but they’re not explicitly “business” fronts -E.g. Military Prosecutor has the FL pose as a vigilante on the side of her Military job, but it’s minor and basically disappears in the back half- and we get into a too broad a criteria if we do that I think.

(I was gonna out My Love From the Stars here too but I can’t remember what Do Min Joon’s day job is…)

Aaand then stuff that is a bit harder for me to recc–
Kill It- an Assassin has a day job as a Vet.
I did like Kill It but it’s not very good lol. Fits the criteria perfectly otherwise though 😂

And a bit harder again–
Spies Who Loved Me is fun but the story is terrible and also pointless and is only worthwhile for the amazing Female Lead, Yoo Inna as Areum.
The business front part of the Interpol agents is minor, but the FL runs a dressmaking company whilst conducting her investigations along side the spies, so. That’s pretty cool. She also gets to stab some people with her dressmaking scissors. (Yoo Inna Spy Cinematic Universe Part 3 when)

My Name, Witch’s Diner, From Now On: Showtime, Vincenzo, Taxi Driver, Snowdrop, Undercover, River Where the Moon Rises (Herbalist is a Silla Spy lmao, oh what that concept could’ve been, alas), all count but I do not recommend any of them.



[Beanie Recs] Legitimate business by day, something else by night
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments