Subscribe Us

[Beanie Recs] Wistful first love stories a la Seasons of Blossom

How about Winter Sonata? I watched this years ago, so I’m not sure how well it holds up to our modern watching sensibilities (if I remember rightly, the pacing is glacial, a true slow burn) but I loved it at the time.The two main characters fell in love as teenagers and then have to unpack their connection as adults with amnesia, hidden identities, and questionable family histories as stumbling blocks – the heroine thought the hero had died, so “bittersweet” is an understatement! Probably my favourite of the melo classics.

Also If We Were a Season, the drama special. My god, is this wistful. I’m not spoiling a single thing, so if you haven’t seen it, go watch it immediately!

Also close-ish to the prompt are: 49 Days, A Werewolf Boy, Baek-hee Has Returned, Do You Like Brahms, Hot Blooded Youth, Missing You (not that I recommend that one), the Japanese manga/anime/film Orange (actually the closest, but obviously not Korean if that’s a dealbreaker), and The Classic.



[Beanie Recs] Wistful first love stories a la Seasons of Blossom
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments