Subscribe Us

[Drama Chat] Everything but the romance

I’ll be on the hill with you because the romance in Vincenzo wasn’t needed. I would have accepted a noona romance/more overt puppy love between Cha-Young and Joon-Woo at the beginning that goes horribly wrong once Cha-Young realizes who he really is. It would’ve been a better reason to keep him updated on the case since he was “an intern” at the same company they were trying to bring down.

Goblin could’ve either done without the lead romance (i.e., actually be her guardian) or had a romance that began at a legal age.

I Remember You/Hello Monster didn’t need a romance to solve the case, and it actually got in the way. The family storyline was compelling enough on its own.

Backstreet Rookie is another unnecessary and underage romance. A mentor or oppa-like relationship was enough for the story.

Even if Mouse hadn’t jumped off the rails, the forced “romance” wasn’t needed at all. Halmoni could have just had Ba-Reum promise to look after Bong-Yi in the future instead of hinting at (yet another underage) romance.

I go back and forth with Tale of the Nine Tailed beacause I think I like the original loveline in the past, and maybe I would’ve liked it with another actress. But the more I think about it, I think I would’ve enjoyed the drama better if it was just about the brothers.

Currently airing, neither Cafe Minamdang nor Alchemy of Souls need a romance between the main leads. Both romances are distracting from the main plot.



[Drama Chat] Everything but the romance
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments