Subscribe Us

Open Thread #777

I am watching two web dramas at the moment Mimicus and Let me off the Earth which are raising some serious issues and the young actors are doing a great job. I have watched a number of idol focused dramas and reality tv recently: In the Soop: Friendcation, Shooting stars, One fine week, The big hit, and Miracle (2022) all showing elements of the unsavoury side of the industry.

I like that we get to see actors and idols developing on their acting journey and wish them well in such a competitive industry. I hope that they will be seen as people first and given more support re their finances, mental health and social life so we see less incidents of out of control behaviour indicating that they are not coping with the pressure or lack of normality to keep them grounded. I also hope there will be serious consequences for those in positions of power who exploit them.

I don’t watch any other form of fiction and continue to be a fan of K dramaland but I am increasingly becoming mindful of the realities of life behind the scenes in the entertainment industry worldwide. I, like many in the community, will be reducing my screen time due to changing priorities when I return to studies so will be far more selective about the content.

I hope that everyone is energised as we transition in changes such as new academic years, and new seasons weather wise. Now we are in the season of coughs and colds and the last name and shame round of the pandemic before it just becomes another part of flu season I wish you all good health.

Have a great weekend all and happy viewing😊.



Open Thread #777
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments