Subscribe Us

May It Please the Court: Episodes 9-10 (Drama Hangout)

I knew, we knew from the start the killer was never Jwa Si-baek. But I must say that I found this two episodes mentally exhausting. Just as exhausted the two detectives were by Si-baek’s silence, I was really exhausted by it.

The memory loss man is likely Lee Dong-pil, but Chi-sik is also on my radar.

Jwa Shi-baek went to Haraboji Jang’s vacation home to protect him from death’s hands. This I am sure of. So I found it strange that Grandpa Jang turned up dead by nightfall. Like how does it fit in? Where? What? How? When? I just don’t get it.

I see why Yi-yeon is distancing herself from the family. What happens when Chak-hee learns that the man she adores as a grandfather had a hand in the death of he granny. Was that push intentional or an accident? It seems like an accident but I’m not pushing intentional aside.

I truly feel for Chak-hee when he asked him to deny it. I actually found myself wanting him to say he wasn’t the killer. I equally wanted him to recant his statement even though I know he’s not the killer. Just say ‘It wasn’t me. No matter the evidence that comes up, it is not me. I’m not the killer. I’m not a killer’. I really wanted to hear these words. So the fact that they’ll be saving his recanting/not recanting for next week drives me a bit angry and annoyed. It’s no longer fun or mysterious, it’s grating my nerves.

Right now I just want to know who the killer is. MIPTC could have used this two episodes to flesh out the side characters and their motivations but instead we spend two hours on a wild goose chase. I can’t believe that 10 episodes in we haven’t heard a proper detail about Shi-baek’s origin, and what his link is to Seo Eun-soo, Chak-hee’s Grandma, and in the long run Chak-hee and Byung-chun, Chak-hee’s Grandma especially. He spoke from the position of a family friend or a very close human relationship when he asked why Chak-hee has to be Granny’s granddaughter and we still haven’t seen anything that answers that 10 episodes in. I mean a proper exposition and not a sentence or two.

I hope we don’t get a booze of information overload next week when it could have been spanned over. At this point it’s easy to guess what the supposed informations are so I don’t know how they’ll land in the shock effect or have any impact on me as a viewer. I just hope they have something worth it in store next week. I’m not at my wits end, but it has gotten tiring.



May It Please the Court: Episodes 9-10 (Drama Hangout)
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments