Subscribe Us

[Beanie Recs] Dramas for bibliophiles

It’s Okay Not to Be Okay
The female lead is a children book author. Each episode features a beautiful animation of her fairy tales and the books also had amazing illustrations. I also enjoyed the stories themselves. There were a few scenes at a bookstore too.

Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung
Even in Joseon, they had libraries and bookstores! Goo Hae Ryung was not only a historian, but she also was a storyteller who would read books to other women for money. She often visited the town’s bookstore too.

The Red Sleeves
Didn’t Yi San and Deok Im meet in the royal library? I vaguely remember her chasing him away with a broom…

Tree With Deep Roots
Maybe this one is less for the bibliophiles and more for the linguists, but I found every scene about the creation of the Korean alphabet fascinating. It’s been years since I have watched it, but I am sure some of the scenes were set in the King’s library.

One Spring Night and When the Weather is Fine were my other recommendations.



[Beanie Recs] Dramas for bibliophiles
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments