Subscribe Us

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (January 7, 2023)




Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (January 7, 2023)

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Currently covering: Trolley

Payback: I’m craving some action and a good plot, and Episode 1 was fun! I was curious how rookie Kang Yoo-seok would do, and he nailed it. The characters, so far, are a bit archetypal, but it’s still enjoyable since the cast is good and the pace is fast. The narrative shift from Eun Yong to his nephew Tae-choon was a bit strange at first, but I like how we’re going to see characters and storylines unite in our next episode. Also, driving that car on those roads = major fantasy!

mistyisles

Currently covering: Unlock the Boss

Alchemy of Souls 2: Was Operation: Save Yul a tad anticlimactic? Yeeahhh kinda. Do I care? Not really! I’m just glad his life became the #1 priority for literally everyone in Daeho. As for the rest, I’m reserving comments so as not to jinx anything. I can’t believe it’s almost over, and while I can’t wait to find out how it ends, I also don’t want it to end! The eternal conundrum of a drama-watcher.

DaebakGrits

Currently covering: Trolley

Alchemy of Souls 2: The further we get into Part 2, the more worried I become that we’re going to have a tragically bittersweet ending where our leading couple dies together. Then again, we are dealing with a universe with blood parasites and all powerful stones, so if the writers want our OTP to overcome the whole we-can’t-have-two-souls-sharing-one-body thing, then they have the freedom to create some spell or destined miracle that suits their purpose. I, for one, hope they take the convenient magical plot device route and give us a happy ending because I can’t have dramaland 2023 making me cry right off the bat!

When the Camellia Blooms: When this drama originally aired, I dropped it after the first or second episode because I didn’t really like Dong-baek’s characterization, but lately I’ve been in the mood for a romance with a little bit of suspense and mystery. So here I am, attempting to watch this drama a second time. While I’m enjoying it better this time around, I’m sticking around more for Yong-shik than Dong-baek, but I am happy that the identity of the serial killer has (so far) not been exposed to the audience. A lot of dramas like to reveal the identity of the killer way too soon, which totally ruins the fun of trying to figure out the identity of the villain.

Unit

Currently covering: The Forbidden Marriage

Trolley: Joong-do and Hye-joo continue to impress me as individuals while serving couple goals on the side. They’re so genuine in their interactions with each other and with others, and it’s annoying that the parents of the deceased sexual harassers keep giving them grief. Like hello, your perverted children didn’t do anything right either! As for Seung-hee, on one hand I’d like to think she’s a victim of her family’s lies and her mother’s neglect, but on the other hand it’s been 20 years. That’s plenty of time for her to have dug into her brother’s case to figure out the truth by herself, especially since her husband already cast a shadow of doubt into what she knows to be true. He probably knows more about that night’s incident than he’s letting on anyway.

 
RELATED POSTS



Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (January 7, 2023)
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments