Subscribe Us

Team Dramabeans: What were watching (February 25 2023)




Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (February 25, 2023)

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Bros on Foot: I could watch this show all day! It’s so naturally humorous — you feel like you are sitting there with them, being on the receiving end of the jokes and laughter. When they were able to get a hotel, though, and chose that rather sad hostel for their stay… really guys? Can’t spring for an actual hotel with a real bed and another few square feet involved?

Call It Love: I’ve only watched Episode 1 so far, but this is so much more artistic and ponderous than I was expecting. And I really like it! While I expect the whole thing (tone, filter, mood, slowness) to equalize a bit as we go, I really enjoyed the interesting mix of intensity and remoteness that I felt while watching. Lee Sung-kyung is also so good at not worrying about looking shabby or sloppy, and I really like actresses that aren’t too self-conscious. Her portrayal of her character in the first episode is a tad heavy, but I’m interested to see where it goes. I’ve also not seen her in a romance that wasn’t categorized under the Cute category, so I’m curious to see how the love line unfolds here. Not gonna lie, I want an achingly beautiful romance, and I want it now. After being cheated out of romance in all my recent watches (Trolley, Strangers Again), this is me calling upon dramaland. Desperately.

[Also, Sung Joon, I’m sooo glad you are back in dramaland. Between Call It Love and Island your hair has suffered, but I’ve missed you so much and will welcome you in this new form.]

DaebakGrits

Currently covering: Kokdu: Season of Deity

Crash Course in Romance: AHHHHH! They are so cute as a couple! Even when they are arguing. Now that the truth is out, though, I really wish Haeng-sun would sue all those mothers because they really need to learn that their meddlesome ways have consequences. Gah! They’re annoying, and I hate how accepting she was of them. I guess she needs their business, but totally not worth it, in my opinion. As for Dong-hee, I don’t know what to make of him. I’m not a fan of how they turned him into this petty, jealous guy who is overly protective of Chi-yeol. Partly because I want him to be a good guy, but also, if he’s supposed to be unhinged enough to kill animals and people with metal balls, then the text deleting and boat rocking feel a little… juvenile in comparison. It just feels like two different ends of the bad guy spectrum.

The Heavenly Idol: This drama had me snickering right out the gate with its campy, Dungeons & Dragons themed world. Idol dramas are one of my guilty pleasure genres, and Kim Min-kyu is so charming. Overall, the team behind Kokdu could learn a thing or two from this drama about balancing a silly premise with a consistent and logical-despite-the-illogical plot progression.

Dramaddictally

Currently covering: Call It Love

Strangers Again: So, Eun-beom is the one with a problem and Ha-ra doesn’t need to work on her issues? (Not from where I’m sitting!) Overall, this was a huge disappointment. The writing was all over the place. The characters made no sense. And my biggest issue is that, rather than having the characters motivate the story, the story had political and social messages that the characters seem to have been created to convey. It’s tough because I really wanted to support the messaging, but it was muddied by poor execution. I guess, at the last minute, I got the ending I wanted (I liked the final shot and the central questions), but how we got to that ending… just no. (And that bit about Eun-beom’s mother? Why?!)


 
RELATED POSTS



Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (February 25, 2023)
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments