Subscribe Us

[Drama chat] Favorite side couples

Wow, there are a lot. There’s obviously the aforementioned ones, including, Kim Min-kyu and Seol In-ah in A Business Proposal (although for me, they never stole the show from the OTP, just had an equally strong concurrent subplot that was just as interesting and compelling – the best kind); Park Yeon-woo and Son Hwa-ryung; the secondary couple from Strongest Deliveryman who are the only part I actually even remember from the show, NGL. But some of mine I would include are:

• Lee Dong-wook/Yoo In-ah from Goblin – the ONLY couple from the show as far as I’m concerned.

• Lee Da-hee/Lee Jae-wook from Search: WWW – Main OTP found dead in a ditch, they saw how much better this ship was and couldn’t handle it.

• Jeon Hye-jin/Ji Seung-hyun from Search: WWW – Oddball choice, I know, but hear me out. I get that they were basically not a couple during the show because of the forced marriage and all that, but those moments of tension, those crackling minutes where it seemed like they really could’ve been something of their union wasn’t forced upon them… it’s delicious, it’s angsty, it’s painful. I love them.

• Kim Bum/Kim So-eun from Boys over Flowers – Listen, I know this show is a dumpster fire and I don’t recommend anyone watch it (check out it’s highly superior Thai adaptation F4 Thailand instead), but I just have to put it out there that even in their, like, four minutes of screentime I though these two had better chemistry and compatibility than the female lead with either of her admirers.

Yoo Yeon-seok/Kim Min-jung from Mr. Sunshine – Another not-really-a-couple (who were they fooling lmao), but I thought their tangled, messy relationship throughout the years was far more interesting than the main romance, which I always found to be the least interesting plot plot of an otherwise stellar drama.

• Ryu Hye-young/Go Kyung-pyo from Reply 1988 – Why shed tears over the main love triangle when there’s a perfectly good relationship to squee over right there in the corner? At least that’s what I did whenever I needed to distract myself from Jung-hwan related heartbreaks.

• Lee Joon/Jung So-min from Father is Strange – It should be hard to steal the show from a drama that was excellent all-round, but these two somehow did it. They did have a fauxcest stumbling block at first, but once they got over that, it was all sweetness. Bonus points for the actors having actually dated in real life.

• Lee Sang-yi/Lee Cho-hee from Once Again – Yet another family drama making an appearance. I think this medium is really good at making strong side couples due to the inherent ensemble nature of its cast (see the other popular choice of Sung Hoon/Shin Hye-sun from Five Enough). Anyways, I loved them.

• Wi Ha-joon/Jung Yoo-jin from Romance is a Bonus Book – Makes it all the more upsetting that WHJ seems determined to not be in any onscreen romances.



[Drama chat] Favorite side couples
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments