Subscribe Us

You can only pick one: Jo Seung-woo drama




You can only pick one: Jo Seung-woo drama


You can only pick one, and boy the pressure is on. The DB team will answer a new prompt in each post, and you’re invited to do the same in the comments. Ready to play?
 

You can only pick one Jo Seung-woo drama


 
missvictrix: Uh, can I say Sisyphus even though I didn’t like it and couldn’t finish it? Because even though I neither liked nor finished, I adored the premise entirely, and I adored Jo Seung-woo as the brainiac faced with some seriously crazy situations. I was desperately holding on to any logic that would or could be found in this drama, but sadly, a drama needs more than a great and imaginative premise, and with each episode the thing fell apart. With crazy plotting and a terrible romantic pairing shoved into the storyline (Park Shin-hye and Jo Seung-woo are great on their own, but not paired), this drama became unbearable. But Jo Seung-woo was awesome.

mistyisles: Unfortunately, the only thing I’ve seen Jo Seung-woo in is God’s Gift—14 Days, which I can’t bring myself to recommend to anyone unless you completely skip the ending. Or unless you like endings that are pointless and infuriating. That said, his character and acting in that show were phenomenal (and that’s the main reason the ending was so infuriating), and I’ll never forget that one captivating scene of him singing “Magic Castle.” So there’s that.

DaebakGrits: I haven’t watched many of Jo Seung-woo’s dramas. In fact, I’ve yet to complete one. I dropped Sisyphus, and Divorce Attorney Shin is still airing. Since I’m enjoying the heck out of Divorce Attorney Shin, it’s my obvious pick. There’s so much to love about this new legal drama, but I think the most appealing part for me is the bromance and camaraderie between Shin Sung-han and his besties. They’ve got each other’s back when it’s needed, but even their serious moments are peppered with silliness that feels natural and entirely relatable for me because I’m someone who often softens somber moments with humor. Hopefully, this drama will end as strong as it started. Either way, Jo Seung-woo’s acting has made me want to look into some of his older dramas and films.

solstices: This is a really hard question, because Jo Seung-woo has a number of memorable works under his belt that are strong in both script and performance alike. Still, I suppose it isn’t much of a competition when Forest of Secrets is amongst the contenders. I’ve always been a nerd for social commentary, and both seasons of the show delivered such incisive insight into the inner workings of South Korea’s judicial system. Needless to say, Jo Seung-woo elevated the intricate script with his nuanced portrayal of Hwang Shi-mok. In someone else’s hands, Shi-mok could have easily fallen flat as a bland and rigid protagonist. Instead, Jo Seung-woo imbued him with such palpable emotion, repressed as they were beneath his reserved demeanor. Displaying incredible restraint, Jo Seung-woo led us through every step of Shi-mok’s emotional development, eventually culminating in such triumphant moments of catharsis when our pensive prosecutor finally learnt how to crack a smile. Forest of Secrets is a deeply thought-provoking slow burn of a series, and I’ll always be eagerly waiting for the next installment.

 
RELATED POSTS



You can only pick one: Jo Seung-woo drama
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments