Subscribe Us

You can only pick one: Park Min-young drama

Reading all the above comments, I realize I’m just more of a fan of romances than anyone writing above.
But I do want to say that I don’t necessarily see a female lead who is poised, professional, competent as a customer service persona, partly because as someone who is often frazzled, amateurish, deficient, I really admire my female colleagues who are competent and professional. Far from faking their polish and professionalism they are often strong and independent, with a sense of humor. Hardly “customer service.”

For me, the problem with WWSK is that this persona played by Park Min Young is shown to be the product of the Pygmalion work of the CEO, who then proceeds to harass her into marriage. But In my favorite role of hers, Her Private Life, she certainly portrays a competent professional. But I think her acting in this one is good– she does a really convincing job of shifting back and forth between the girlish knowledge exhibited by a dedicated fan and the an art museum administrator. While at times we’re supposed to laugh at the contrast between a juvenile fan-girl and professional curator, I really liked the way the character is written, showing the connection of her private hobby and her public occupation, both taking artistic “artifacts” and arranging them in an interpretative and personally meaningful way.

Even the episodes annoyingly and lengthily focusing on the minor trauma suffered by the male lead reveal her character’s empathy and artistic insight. Plus, as a romance, once the initial misunderstanding is resolved, there is no ridiculous behavior on the part of the leads. They just have a really mature, loving relationship, and when Park Min Young’s character heads to the U.S, he logically follows her, and then they return in her triumph. No noble idiocy, time skips, forced separation.

Finally (who am I kidding?) the real reason I like it is there are some great kisses in this one. Not that there aren’t in some of her other roles, as well, but I liked these the best.



You can only pick one: Park Min-young drama
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments