Subscribe Us

[Drama catnip] Reunited lovers




[Drama catnip] Reunited lovers

By @zeinabsamir

When it comes to dramas about reunited lovers, I jump in headfirst without giving it a second thought. The idea that people who are fated to be will end up together, no matter what, is one of the few beliefs I hold dear to my heart.

Some dramas are about couples who met, fell in love, got together for a while, and then, unfortunately, broke up. The epitome of that genre is Our Beloved Summer, where the plot revolves around the relationship between Woong and Yeon-soo. Be it their high school days, their dating phase, the heart-rending breakup, or how they met again after all those years — never had there been a moment their hearts stopped beating for each other. But perhaps they needed that time apart to grow up more, both as individuals and as a couple, before their happily ever after.

Other dramas I love in the same genre are: Go Back Spouses, When My Love Blooms, Emergency Couple, and the currently airing drama Strangers Again.

Some dramas about reunited lovers feature love stories that transcend a lifetime. Can anyone get over the Ryeon and Jung-gil couple from Tomorrow? If it were up to me, I would have focused on their backstory more, and somehow brought them back together. Since the first time I spotted Jung-gil’s gaze at Ryeon, I knew it was one of a besotted man. Jung-gil was mad at Ryeon for leaving his side, but he never once hated her. And as for Ryeon, she wore that pink eyeshadow endlessly since it was a loving memory from the one with whom she wished she had stayed forever.

Aside from Tomorrow, I love the couples in Mystic Pop-up Bar and Showtime Begins, but my second favorite couple goes to Chicago Typewriter, although I liked the past timeline more than the present-day one.

The reunited lovers story which tugs at my heartstrings the most is where the couple meets as children, falls for each other, meets again without knowing who they are, and then falls in love for the second time. The couple from She Was Pretty is a great example of this. Hye-jin knew all along that Sung-joon was her first love, but it was Sung-joon who had no clue. Still, he fell in love with her again.

Other dramas that share the same context are 100 Days My Prince and The King’s Affection. Some people might view it as a simple childhood connection trope, but for me, it is a story about two couples who, despite having to part ways in the past, met again as adults and won’t let go this time.

Last but not least, if I could choose two catnips, I would undoubtedly go with friends-to lovers-set up. No matter how many love stories I watch unfold, the Iksong couple from Hospital Playlist will remain at the top of my favorites. Those two were friends for over twenty years, and crossing that line was no easy feat. The spark was always there, and working in the same hospital brought them closer. If anything, the maturity with which they handled their relationship might be the true charm of their love story. Ik-jun always gave Song-hwa her space and stayed around without being pushy, and Song-hwa mustered up the courage in the end to go to him.

RELATED POSTS



[Drama catnip] Reunited lovers
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments