Subscribe Us

[Beanie Review] The Heavenly Idol

I think it’s fair to say this drama focused more on the “heavenly” than the “idol” and was that successful? Depends on your humor and tastes.

When the show originally started, it seemed like it was going to be a fish out of water story with insights in the idol world and by the time it ended, it became a hodgepodge of mythology and otherworldly elements.

One thing I disliked most were the scandals were used, specifically Kasie and Riz/Liz’s scandals. The show kept mentioning their scandals but never said what they actually were and I *think* they were going for a “your imagination is better/worse than anything we could give you” approach to it but alas my imagination isn’t better because I was just left in frustrated curiousity as to what the hell could’ve been so bad that they developed panic disorders and suicidal ideation?

Then again, that also just fed a bit into the critique (or could’ve fed in to it) about the idol world; it doesn’t even matter what the idols actually did but the backlash was so intense that it led to these psychological affects. It shows how it’s not easy mentally being in this world. I think that was one fairly consistent aspect of the show when it was featured: everyone was having a hard time in their own ways. There was alot of insecurities and doubts but also persistence. Sigh, as I write this, I just imagine an alternate version of the drama where this stuff was more focused on.

Anywho, there’s lots of little comedic moments and there’s lots of ridiculousness. I think if you just enjoy the show without thinking too much, it’s more enjoyable. I think the show is fun and it wasn’t a waste of time to watch, it just wasn’t as expected and it’s like you can legit see where the potential for something was but another direction was chosen.

It’s only 12 episodes (and personally I’m liking these 12 episode and shorter lengths) so that’s cool.



[Beanie Review] The Heavenly Idol
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments