Subscribe Us

[Drama chat] Ode to fluff

GIVE ME MORE FLUFF PLEASE CHAEBALLLL

That’s my response to your Ode to Fluff, @missvictrix. Exactly the same sentiment, and the remaining question is “Where is my well-deserved fluff?”

Fluff, light romcoms without trillers seem to be overlooked these days. No production teams seem to care to make it. Everyone seems to aim for another Parasite or Squid Game: Audience wanting something different, and the media industry seems to be focused on just that. These days I reminisce on old Kdramas that I loved, for example, Healer, Ojakgyo Brothers, My Husband Mr Oh, Coffee Prince, Dream High, Descendants of the Sun, and I sighed. Will I ever get one like these again? Will the media industry people think these can sell well again? Will Kdrama actors and actresses, esp the veteran ones, ever agree to star in some ordinary dramas that are just joyful to watch, but perhaps will not be memorable?

It’s this type of dramas that my heart yearns for (i.e., light, fluffy romcoms/slice of life without trillers with HEA), like how much I (as an Asian) yearn for rice. If I can compare this to food, it is like we have a lot of great dishes or dramas in different genres, but the staple which is rice or light shows with HEA should never changed.

Give me my rice, chaeballll



[Drama chat] Ode to fluff
Source: Buzz Pinay Daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments